BLAIR COUNTY CONVENTION CENTER
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- In consideration of the Lessee’s payments of the amount(s) herein provided and the faithful performance of the terms of this Contract by the Lessee, the Lessor agrees to furnish, at Lessee’s expense, electrical, telephone, data and other special utilities, furnishings, fixtures, supplies, equipment and services as required in accordance with the Lessor’s price list.
- The Lessee shall hold the Lessor harmless for any loss or damage which the Lessee, its agents or employees, may sustain (i) from theft or burglary in or about the leased premises, by whomsoever committed, (ii) from interruptions in any service, from any cause whatsoever, (iii) from fire, water, rain, snow, steam, sewage, gas or odors, from any source whatsoever, or (iv) from any strike, lockout or other labor disturbance, civil commotion or act of God affecting the Lessor, or the leased premises or any tenant therein.
- The Lessee agrees that it will comply with all laws of the United States of America and of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, all ordinances of the County of Blair and the Municipality of Allegheny Township the rules and requirements of the police and fire departments, and will obtain and pay for all necessary permits and licenses and will not do nor suffer to be done, anything in the leased premises during the term of this Contract in violation of any such laws, ordinances, rules or requirements.
- The Lessor maintains the right to reposition event space/locations within the Building.
- This Contract shall be constructed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The parties hereby agree that in the event of any dispute under this contract the proper venue is the Court of Common Pleas, Blair County, Pennsylvania.
- All the terms and conditions of this Contract shall be binding upon and in force to the benefit of both parties
- Waiver: No waiver of any covenant or condition or the breach of any covenant or condition of the Lease shall be taken to constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach of such covenant or condition, nor to justify or authorize the nonobservance on any other occasion of the same or any other covenant or condition hereof; nor shall the acceptance of rent or other payment by the Lessor at any time when the Lessee is in default under any covenant or condition hereof be construed as a waiver of such default or of the Lessor right to terminate this Contract on account of such default; nor shall any waiver or indulgence granted by the Lessor to the Lessee be taken as an estoppel against the Lessor – it being expressly understood that if at any time the Lessee shall be in default in any of its covenants or conditions hereunder, an acceptance by the Lessor of rent, set-up/tear-down or other payment during the continuance of such default or the failure on the part of the Lessor promptly to avail itself of such other rights or remedies as the Lessor may have, shall not be construed as a waiver of such default, but Lessor may at any time thereafter, if such default continues, terminate this Contract on account of such default in the manner provided in this Contract.
Client and assignees may only utilize approved Permacel Gaffer Tape or painters’ tape, use of other adhesives not approved by the Blair County Convention Center may result in additional prevailing labor charges to remove adhesive residue from areas affected. "Stick-on" decals, badges, signs or similar promotional items must be approved in advance by a Blair County Convention Center Event Planner.
The consumption of convention center purchased alcoholic beverages is restricted to the licensed areas and only during those times as beverage stations are open through the in-house food and beverage department.
The Blair County Convention Center is a tobacco free facility. Smoking, smokeless (chewing) & vaping (electronic cigarettes) are permitted at designated areas outside of the building only.
Animals or pets, with the exception of ADA Service Animals are not permitted in Blair County Convention Center except as an approved exhibit, activity or performance legitimately requiring use of animals. (The request for approval for such animals to be on the premises must be received in writing in advance and be approved by the Blair County Convention Center Director or designee.)
Blair County Convention Center has specific approved areas for banner hanging inside and outside the facility. Please contact your Event Planner for detailed information, locations and labor rates.
Blair County Convention Center reserves the right to videotape and record events for its own records, publicity and promotional purposes. The Client may not engage in any broadcasting, telecasting, videotaping, audio recording or transcription activity, without written permission from the Blair County Convention Center Director or designee, provided all such recording is for business associated with the stated event functions. The Client is responsible for all costs associated with such broadcast and/or recording rights. The Client shall make all arrangements for such recording through the Event Planner.
Any changes to the initial meeting room set during the term of the Contract will be subject to additional set-up fees. Please contact your Event Planner for more information.
Any decorations brought into the convention center must be approved by the event planner. Mylar Confetti is NOT permitted.
Food and Beverage Service
The Blair County Convention Center’s Food & Beverage Department provides all catering and concessions food and beverage services. No outside food, beverages or alcohol are permitted.
No fog or smoke effects shall be permitted without the express prior written approval by the Blair County Convention Center Director or designee. If approved, such devices may incur additional staff costs as required by the (Fire Marshall’s Office) and will be the Client’s responsibility.
Please identify any specialized waste removal needed for your event. This includes debris from theme décor setups (e.g. trees, plants bark-mulch) or as a result of your event activities (e.g. food samplings, non-reusable crates/wrapping). There may be some chargeable costs. The Event Planner will be able to advise you in greater detail.
Clients, exhibitors, customers and other participants are prohibited from bringing hazardous materials into Blair County Convention Center. If such materials are found and cleanup is required (under ORS 465.200(9), (11), the Client will be responsible for any costs involved with removal cleanup and disposal of such products.
All motorized vehicles owned by Blair County Convention Center are to be operated by authorized Blair County Convention Center personnel only.
Vehicles that are on display are subject to the following condition: drip pan(s) are placed under vehicle(s) as deemed necessary by Blair County Convention Center Facilities Staff.
Noises and Disturbances
Client, their exhibitors and attendees will not make improper noise or disturbance of any kind. Any objectionable person or persons will be ejected for the building and grounds.
Parking is not permitted in the loading bay areas except for the purpose of loading or unloading.
In addition to the bank processing fees, the Blair County Convention Center will assess an additional $35.00 charge for all returned checks.